Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More reassuring news

Echo Cardiogram this morning showed little change in the boys' hearts. While we'd hoped to see the recipient's heart improve (Dr. Glickstein had told us that he was a 9 out 10 two weeks ago...we were hoping for a 10), Dr. told us that 9 out of 10 is perfectly fine. According to her, if we can maintain this level of heart health until delivery, we'll all be very pleased.

Ultrasound was brief (no measurements for growth), but encouraging. Deepest Vertical Pocket on the Donor was around 3.5 cm! That's the first time he's been within the normal range! Exclamation points! When Dr. Miller (a lot of names to keep track of) came in to assess the pictures, he said "Everything points to a successful laser surgery. If I had only seen today's ultrasound and didn't know your history, I'd have assumed we were dealing with a normal twin pregnancy." Best news we've heard in a long time. We spent the little time we were alone high-fiving Miller's assessment.

We had a short wrap-up with Dr. Simpson, then hit the road.

Though the news was all good, we're still not sure where we really stand until next week, when we see if the donor baby closed the size discordance at all. He may not catch up before he's born, but we hope to see improvement.

C's dad is driving in this week. My parents will come in on Sunday. Thanks to all friends and family. We'd be nowhere without you.

1 comment:

  1. I just had the laser surgery last friday and so far things are going well. Thank you for blogging about this experience. I am 17 weeks now and I love to see the hope from other people. It keeps me full of hope. I still worry but not as much as I have the last week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete